Collection of Your Personal Information
We are able to collect your personal data when you browse www.omusubi.store (“Website” or “our website”), place orders on our Website, visit our shops, or communicate with us via any other channels (for example, customer service or social media). Our third-party partners, such as payment services providers, marketing and advertising companies, advertising networks, online analytics providers and search information providers, may also collect personal data from you and provide it to us.
The personal data we collect from you may include, but are not limited to, your name, gender, username, email address, telephone number, payment or credit card information, delivery address, name and contact number of the delivery recipient, your location when making the purchase, social media profile information, the content of your communications, information about your purchasing activities, your payment record and the products you purchased, etc..
Automatically Collected Personal Information
We may also automatically log general information about your browser or device by cookies or other technical methods whenever you visit our Website. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type and version of Internet browser you use, your operating system, the pages you visit on our Website, the time and date of your visit to our Website, the website which referred you to our Company, and the time spent on each page etc.. We collect this information to have a better understanding of how website visitors use our services and how we might improve your website browsing experience in future.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to introduce you to our products and services;
- to process your orders or purchases, and process the payment for your purchase of our products;
- to communicate with you about your orders, purchases, services and programme participation, or to process the above and arrange delivery etc;
- to communicate with you about our brand, products, and programmes (including those of our partners);
- to respond to any comments or complaints you make to our Company;
- to verify your identity;
- to enable you to utilize our services;
- to conduct market research;
- to understand your buying habits, such as the frequency of your visits and the time you spend in our shops and on our Website;
- to disseminate information, conduct marketing activities (please refer to the “Direct Marketing” section below) and provide other related services;
- to continuously improve our products and services and personalize your experience online and in our shops;
- to consolidate the information you provide us with other information, such as transaction history, to personalise communications;
- to notify you about changes to our services or our Website when it becomes necessary;
- to use CCTV in our shops to ensure safety and security;
- any other legitimate purposes as may be required, authorized or permitted by law or regulatory requirements; or
- other purposes agreed by you.
Providing Personal Data to Third Parties
To achieve the above purposes, we will disclose or provide your personal data to the following categories of third parties:
- our parent company or/and other affiliated companies within our group;given to third party partners who provide products and services, such as credit card processors or payment services providers
- the credit card or payment processor processing your payment on our Website or at our physical stores (e.g. Visa, MasterCard or UnionPay);when required by law
- the logistic providers delivering your orders to you, e.g. express delivery;
- the third-party service providers providing market research and market analysis services to us;
- the business partners or service providers handling any marketing, programmes or services organized by us;
- professional advisors and consultants providing legal or other advisory and consultancy services to us; and
- the agents, contractors or service providers that provide us with operational services, such as online cloud processing and processing, e-commerce, information technology, marketing optimization, telecommunications, security or other related services that require collection and use of your personal data.
The above third parties may process your personal data as a result of the services they provide to us. The above third parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep confidential any information they access, so as to protect the information from unauthorized access, use and retention.
We will not disclose or provide your personal data to other third parties except in the following circumstances:
- after obtaining your consent
- when we publish and provide statistical data which are anonymized and do not directly identify you
- when required by applicable law; or
- when it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
In terms of direct marketing we intend to use your name, contact information, customer profile information (including information related to your activities on our website) which we collect from you from time to time for the purposes of marketing, research, questionnaire survey, promotion and customer relationship management, including communicating with you about your order or purchase, services and your participation in programmes, or communicating with you about our brand, products, activities, etc. (including discount offers with our partners).
We may send you marketing materials by email, letter, fax, telephone or other means.
If we intend to use your personal data collected from you for our direct marketing purpose, we will obtain your prior consent (or expression of no objection).
If you have agreed to receive marketing communications but do not wish to receive them anymore in the future, you can send a written request any time by e-mail to [email protected] or in writing to the following address Unit 1, 20/F Goodman Global Gateway, 168 Yeung Uk Road Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong, together with your name, e-mail address and registered telephone number.
Links to Other Websites
Personal data security
Our Company ensures that it will keep all collected data in a safe and confidential manner. Our Company will protect your personal data in the following ways:
(i) security measures and tools adopted by the Company to prevent loss, misuse or modification of data, (ii) confidentiality measures adopted for personal data, (iii) only persons officially authorised by the management have access to and can retrieve server data or server records. Please note, our Company cannot guarantee the complete security of the information you transmit to us or we sent to you through the Internet. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer safe, please contact us immediately.
Retention of Personal Data
Our Company will not keep your personal data longer than it takes to keep it for the purpose for which it is or will be used. When the purpose of collecting data is no longer valid, our Company will delete your personal data. We will also bind the third parties receiving your personal data with contractual obligations to ensure that the personal data transferred to them is not retained for longer than necessary to process such information.
Accessing, Amending and Deleting Personal Data
You have the right to access your personal data held by our Company and request our Company to amend, stop using or delete the personal data provided by you. Should you need to exercise the above rights or have any comments or questions on the way we process personal data, please contact our financial controller as below so that we can handle your request as soon as possible. Please note our Company may refuse to comply with your request to access or amend your personal data as permitted under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. When we process a request to access or amend personal data, our Company will ask to check the identity of the requestor to ensure that he / she has the legal right to make the request.
Contact email: [email protected]
Contact number: 2105 3010
Contact address: Unit 1, 20/F Goodman Global Gateway, 168 Yeung Uk Road, Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong
We may change the types of personal data we collect, and/or the purposes of processing personal data through our Website, or we may modify this Policy from time to time. If we decide to make such modifications, it will be published on our Website and take effect immediately after publication. We shall also obtain your consent if we are required to do so under applicable law. This Policy is last updated on 11 January, 2022.
Any enquiries about our personal data privacy policies and practices can be made to our Company via the above contact email, telephone number and address.
This Policy is available in both English and Traditional Chinese. If there are any inconsistencies between the versions, the English version shall prevail.